1. Multiple shots of Denver Broncos VP John Elway watching the game from his luxury box after every play involving QB Tim Tebow.
2. Multiple graphics showing Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow’s career passing percentages.
3. Cincinnati Bengals HC Marvin Lewis making a dumb, game-changing decision.
4. The Detroit Lions committing a roughing-the-passer penalty. And looking perplexed after the fact…while opposing QB Drew Brees tries to find his helmet while thinking he’s landed on Bourbon Street.
5. New York Giants HC Tom Coughlin looking unhappy. Really, really unhappy.
6. The Houston Texans attempting to win by having their offense hand the ball off on every single offensive play.
8. All network pre-game shows discussing Jeff Fisher whether he has a new coaching gig or not. Which goes to show just how strong the desire is for teams to hire someone where serving as head man in the NFL isn’t their “first rodeo.” Jeff has coached 16 years to-date without a Super Bowl title. Of course he’d be in hot demand.
9. Multiple references to the Pittsburgh Steelers’ “what-ifs”…what if QB Ben Roethlisberger was healthy,…what if RB Rashard Mendenhall was not lost for the playoffs…what if DB Ryan Clark was able to play (in Denver’s mile-high altitude).
10. NBC to mention the recently announced “NFL Honors” telecast on the eve of the Super Bowl. On NBC, of course. It sounds like the Oscars…hosted by their Alec Baldwin, of course. There’s a musical performance. God help us.
11. Every offensive skill position player on the New Orleans Saints’ roster getting a carry or a reception…by the end of their first quarter.
12. NBC color analyst Mike Mayock (working the opening game) blowing the doors off of every other analyst you hear the rest of the weekend. He’s a Philly native and proud to say so.
13. Multiple references to the Atlanta Falcons having to play outside “in the elements.”
14. NBC running multiple ads for this.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers WR Hines Ward smiling. (But by the end of the weekend, four teams will not be smiling…)